Brother printers are known globally for their unparalleled performance and durability. From individual customers to large companies, everyone uses Brother printers to print important documents. However, the printing process can be halted if there is any issue in the printer. Any problem befalling Brother Printers can be easily fixed by following the correct steps explained in the section below.
How To Fix Brother Printer Paper Jam Error?
The most common issue while using a printer is paper getting jammed. It is an annoying issue, which occurs when the paper is not inserted into the unit in the right way or when the printing mechanism is flawed. Good news is, the problem can be solved by following below-mentioned steps:
- Unplug the printer from the wall power outlet.
- Open the cover on the side and check that no sheets are trapped inside.
- Remove the paper tray.
- Raise the front of the device about 2 cm.
- Remove any pieces of paper caught between the black rollers. Feel free to use tweezers if necessary.
- Open the cover and check inside the printer for any jammed pieces of paper.
- If the error persists, a sensor may be defective.
What is the Brother Printer Drum Error?
The Brother Drum unit is a separate unit, which accommodates cartridges. The drum unit needs to be replaced once 3-4 cartridges are used. In case, you come across the ‘Brother printer drum error’ message on the screen, then that doesn’t mean you have to get a new printer drum. You must clean the drum because that is the most common way of fixing a wide range of Brother Printer drum error. There are two ways of fixing Brother Printer drum error, either by resolving it or replacing it.
Instructions to replace Brother drum replacement:
Follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve irritating drum issue. Make sure to read all the steps carefully and don’t make any changes to your printer as the drum gets installed on the same.
- Remove the front cover along with the toner cartridge and drum unit and assembly. In case, you have disordered toner, then you will have to place the drum and toner body on a clean surface.
- You will have to wipe the corona wire, which is present inside the drum unit.
- Move the green tab gently from side to side several times.
- It’s time to get back the green tab to the home position to the far left.
- You also need to make sure that the green tab gets into the home position. If the green tab is not able to return to the home position securely, then the pages you print is going to have a vertical stripe down the page.
- Check the front side of the drum and toner cartridge, as you will find small pieces of metal on the right side of the drum, which resembles staples out of the side. Take a clean cloth to wipe each of those parts properly.
- Now, you will have to place the drum and cartridge toner into the printer followed by shutting the cover from the front.
- You should also make sure that you’re using an original Brother Printer drum because only original parts ensure optimum functioning.
How to fix “Brother Printer Paper Jam Error With No Paper Jammed”?
Paper getting jammed in Brother Printer is an annoying issue but appears quite often when using a printer on a daily basis. The problem despite being extremely frustrating can be fixed easily.
Follow below-mentioned steps to resolve ‘Brother Printer Paper Jam Error With No Paper Jammed’:
- You need to open the front cover of the printer and leave it for a few minutes to cool it down.
- Now, remove the drum unit along with toner cartridge assembly from the printer.
- You need to close the front cover of your printer.
- Now, completely take out the paper tray from the printer.
- Take out the back cover (face-up output tray) of the printer.
- You will have to pull down the left and right tabs for opening the fuser cover of the printer.
- Close the fuser completely followed by closing the back cover of your printer (face-up output tray).
- You need to take out the duplex tray of the printer.
- If there is any jammed paper inside the printer, then gently take it out of the printer or from the duplex tray.
- Make sure that the printer is not getting the power supply, as removing paper with the power turned on may result in more damages.
- Install the duplex machine into the printer again.
- Now, install the paper tray into the printer.
- Push the green lever down followed by removing the toner cartridge out of the drum unit of the printer. If there is any dust inside the drum unit, then make sure to clean it using a clean cloth.
- You will now have to place the toner cartridge back until you hear the lock sound. If the toner cartridge is not installed properly, then the green lever is going to lift automatically.
- Remove the front cover of the printer followed by placing the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly into the printer.
- Close the printer’s cover properly.
- Make sure that the error LED and Ready LED lights are completely turned off. If the printer doesn’t begin the printing process on its own, press the ‘Go’ button.
How To Fix Brother Printer Error State?
One of the most common errors in Brother Printer is ‘Error State’. If you are trying to print important documents but has been suddenly interrupted due to ‘Error State’. There is no need to hit the panic button, as this error can be easily fixed. Before we go onto the troubleshooting process, you must know why ‘Brother Printer Error State’ occurs:
- BIOS issues can lead to errors in printers.
- Virus or malware attack.
- No internet or slow internet connectivity.
- Printer drivers are interrupted.
- Wires and USBs might not be placed properly in the printer.
Here is how you can fix the ‘Brother Printer Error State’ issue:
- The issue is often caused due to poor network. You can resolve the error by checking the network connectivity.
- Once checked, you need to restart the printer by following the power-cycle methods.
- You can uninstall and reinstall all the drivers related to your printer, or update those drivers in case they haven’t been updated in the past few months.
- Corrupt drivers cause this issue, so make sure the drivers are properly installed and up-to-date.
- You can run a troubleshooter to fix many bugs. To do so, go to device administration followed by running the troubleshooter.
- Delete the printer software and reinstall the same in case, you are unable to identify the bugs.
If the error continues to exist despite following all the necessary procedures, then you have no other option but to contact experts for a quick and reliable solution to not just this, but all other problems befalling Brother Printer.