Epson is a renowned brand in the field of consumer electronics, and one of its flagship products is printers. Epson has expertise in manufacturing some of the most advanced and sophisticated printers that can be used for both, residential and commercial use. Epson enjoys a large market share and a mammoth user base. Before starting printing using an Epson printer, it is important to set it up in the right way.
How To Setup Epson Connect Printer Windows?
Setting up the Epson printer is quite easy, but make sure to enable Epson Connect to set up your Epson printer in Windows.
Note – Keep in mind to set up the Epson printer with a wireless connection or using an Ethernet cable.
To check the ‘Start Here’ sheet, visit the Epson support page, then select your Epson printer followed by selecting ‘Manuals’ and finally, click ‘Start Here’.
- Download and install Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility.
- Check ‘End-User License Agreement’ and click ‘I Agree’. Then, click ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Install’ followed by ‘Finish’.
- From the list of product, select the one you are using and then, click ‘Next’
- Select ‘Printer Registration’ followed by clicking ‘Next’.
- Select ‘Agree’ followed by clicking ‘Next’.
- The moment you see the message labeled as ‘Register a printer to Epson Connect’, you will have to click ‘OK’.
You can do one of the following things:
- If you want to create a new account, then enter details in ‘Create an Epson Connect Account’ form followed by clicking ‘Finish’.
- In case, you are registering a new product with an existing account, then you need to select ‘I already have an account’ followed by filling out ‘Add a new printer form’ and finally, clicking ‘Add’.
- Click ‘Close’.
While using the Epson printer for printing, it is quite common to experience problems and errors. Here are some of the common issues
How to connect Epson printer to Mac?
- Install Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility software and go through the Epson Printer Support guide.
- Now, click ‘Continue, then ‘install’ and finally, ‘Close’.
- Select your printer model and tap ‘Next’.
- Select printer registration, then tap ‘next’ and ‘OK’.
- Read “terms and conditions” and if you agree to all, then check the box corresponding to the text.
- Create a new Epson Connect Account followed by registering your printer with it.
- Upon completion, you need to activate ‘Scan to Cloud’ and ‘Remote Print Services’.
Epson Printer Error Code0x97
This error appears when there is an internal hardware issue with the printer. The problem with hardware could be due to motherboard malfunction or some other kind of issue with the internal component of the printer. Here is how the issue can be fixed:
Disconnect and connect
If error 0x97 occurs with an Epson printer, the printer must be turned off and on again. This process requires disconnecting the power supply and plugging it into the power supply. This is how you unplug it and plug it in:
- Disconnect all USB cables and cables connected to the printer.
- Open the printer case and remove the jammed paper.
- Remove the printer cartridges and store them in a safe place.
- Since the printer is not connected, press the power switch on your PC. This releases the remaining energy in your printer.
- Reconnect all power and USB cables connected to the printer.
- Then turn on your printer.
Clean the printer with a damp cloth
Additionally, error code 0x97 may occur because dust has accumulated and contaminates the printer.
Other factors are waste ink around the spray head, paper particles in the roller, and unwanted elements in the printer.
We strongly recommend that you clean your printer with a damp cloth (preferably a damp cloth). To clean your printer:
- Turn off your Epson printer
- Carefully open the printer case.
- Now take a cloth and use lukewarm water to moisten it.
- Clean the internal components of the printer, in particular, the mechanical pad and other sensitive areas.
- Then remove the fabric and wait 15 minutes.
- Then mount the printer and turn it on using the power switch.
How to resolve Epson Printer Error Code 0XF1?
This particular error arises when there are hardware or software problems with your printer or computer. Here are some ways to resolve the error 0XF1 or 520 FATAL CODE: 0xF1 or scanner error code 0XF1. The error concerns among others the XP-600, XP-610, XP-615, XP-810 printers.
First, check that there is no paper jam in the printer.
- Turn off and unplug the printer.
- Wait 10 minutes
- Reconnect and turn on
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
- Restart the PC and the printer
- Reconnect the USB cable
Users have had this error because the back of the printer was too close to the wall and prevented it from working properly during alignment.
Check that the print head moves freely on its axis. Some users have noticed that the print head remains blocked on the right.
A small, badly positioned plastic part can block the movement of the head. Just put it back. (On some printers it is necessary to dismantle the side to be able to see if the print head is blocked or not).
Why is my Epson printer not printing?
Are you trying to print an important document from your Epson WF-2750 printer or any other model, then you need to perform the following steps to fix the issue:
- If your Epson WF-2750 not printing, then check if the paper used for printing is of the right size.
- Then, unplug the power cord connecting your printer to the AC power and reconnect it after a few seconds. If there are any small issues with the printer, then those will be fixed by doing this.
- Turn off the printer followed by running printing alignment on the printer to fix the problem.
- Open the printer’s lid followed by checking any paper jams.
- Locate the sensors connected on the front cover of the ink cartridges of the printer.
- Clean those sensors because they control feeding and pulling out of the paper.
- Clear the paper rollers to avoid internal damages and overheating in the printer.
- Check the network connection status if your printer is wireless.
How to Perform Quick and Reliable Epson Printers Troubleshooting?
A printer is a complex device, which if not properly installed can develop issues. The troubleshooting of the Epson printer includes diagnosing those issues first-hand and then, resolving them using trusted steps.
The common problems befalling Epson printers include:
- Paper jamming.
- Printing blank pages.
- The printer stopped printing unexpectedly.
- An error message appearing on the printer’s screen.
- Epson WF 3640 driver not working properly.
- Network and connectivity related issues.
- The printing speed is low.
- Spooler related problems.
- The computer/laptop is incompatible with the printer.
There is a long list of problems befalling Epson printer, but all those can be solved by getting in touch with experts.