HP Printers sleek, elegant, and most reliable printing units, which are used in both, residential and commercial setups. For a printer to work efficiently day-in and day-out, make sure it is set up in the right way.
How To Setup HP Printer Correctly?
Step 1 – Preparing for Setup
Make sure to delete any previously installed printer versions from Windows to prepare for USB connection setup and driver installation.
- Confirm these requirements and items before you start with the process:
- The printer must be turned on and in a ready state.
- Have a USB cable at your disposal.
- A vacant USB port on your computer, which will be used to connect the printer to your printer.
- If you connect the printer with a computer without installing an HP printer driver, then follow the below-mentioned steps to get rid of the printer from installed devices to ensure a successful setup.
- Disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer. Keep the cable disconnected until you see the driver installation step.
- On your computer, go to ‘Control Panel’ followed by ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Locate your printer model on the list and right-click the icon followed by clicking ‘Remove device’. If you see multiple icons for the printer, then remove them all.
- Close ‘Devices & Printers’ Window followed by continuing to the next step.
Step 2 – Install the driver & set up the connection
You must download the best available print driver and install the same to complete the USB connection.
- Go to the HP website and enter your printer model. Follow on-screen instructions to download your driver. Based on the printer model you have, you will see the ‘HP Easy Start’ app being downloaded.
- Once the driver or HP Easy Start downloads, go through the instructions to open the download file for starting the setup. Select USB when you’re prompted to choose a connection type. If the setup is successful, then there is no need to complete the remaining steps.
- If the download fails, then follow below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the HP website and enter your printer model followed by confirming your OS version.
- Once your printer model is found, then enter the model number and click submit.
- The software results page displays with default OS selected, so if you want to change the OS, click ‘Change’, then select the OS version and click ‘Change’ again.
- Under ‘Driver’ heading, click ‘Download’ or ‘Basic Drivers’ according to your requirements.
- When asked, choose a printer connection option and select ‘USB’ and complete the setup.
- You can now try to print, scan, or fax.
If the printer prints documents smoothly, it means, the setup has worked. If the HP printer is in an error state, then here is how you can fix it.
How to fix HP Printer in Error State in Windows 10?
Solution 1 – Check the printer’s connection
Start with checking all the connections if those are properly interlinked to your printer or not. Check the connections between your computer and printer, and if those are properly established, then run a test job.
Solution 2 – Restart your device
Restart devices connected to the printer can eliminate the problem of ‘HP printer in error state’. For that, turn off your computer and printer and leave them as it is for a while, then turn them on to find if the problem is fixed or not.
Solution 3 – Confirm if your printer is online
Check the status of your printer if it is online or offline. If it is in an offline state, bring it online by applying these steps:
- Click ‘Start’ and then, ‘Control Panel’.
- Choose the ‘Devices & Printers’ option.
- Check the status of the printer, if it is online or offline.
- If it is online, you will see it as ‘Ready’.
- To make a printer online, right-click on the printer icon followed by choosing the option that says ‘Use Printer Online’.
- With that, the status will be changed to ready.
Solution 4 – Check if the paper is loaded in the paper tray
Load the paper in the printer tray, but only after the printer is in the off state. Turn on your printer and wait until the printer is in the ready state. You can now check for the error. If the printer in error state problem doesn’t get resolved, then consult experts for better assistance.
How to fix the ‘HP Printer in an error state in the Mac or iOS’ device?
The same problem can occur in Mac, iPhone, and other Apple devices, but just like how it is easily solved on Windows, the issue can be fixed on Mac as well. Here are the issues that you may experience if the HP printer is in an error state:
- Unable to see your printer on your Mac computer or get any notification regarding the missing printer.
- Receive message regarding the printer software, i.e., the software isn’t available for your device.
- Your Mac or iOS device shows some problems related to printer.
How to fix ‘AirPrint-Enabled Printer Error’ on Mac?
If the printer shows AirPrint printer in error state on Mac, then check if it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as you are using on your Mac or iOS device. But, if you continue to face printing issues, then try these solutions:
- Restart your router as well as your printer.
- Bring a printer close to the router.
- Update Wi-Fi and printer to the latest version.
- Update the software for your Mac computer.
How to resolve ‘HP Printer error State’ for Mac?
If your printer shows error while printing, then here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Disconnect the cable of your printer connected to your Mac. If you are using a wireless printer, then make sure to disconnect it.
- Turn off your HP printer now.
- Find and install the latest software update for your Mac. On many occasions, the update takes place automatically, but if it doesn’t, then do it manually.
- Turn on the printer now and wait until it starts. Then, reconnect it with the Mac.
- Select ‘Apple Menu’, then ‘System Preferences’ and finally, click ‘Printers and Scanners’.
- From the list of devices, select your printer. In case, you are unable to find your printer on the list, choose ‘command’ for adding a printer or scanner. A window will open from which you can add your printer.
If the HP printer continues to remain in the error state, then you must get in touch with experts for a fast and reliable solution.