Canon has been a popular choice in the world of printing and digital imaging, and the printers of the Brands Company are widely used in both home configurations and the business world. If you are buying a new Canon printer, or if you want to connect an old one to a different computer, it is important to set it up correctly. Installing the printer in the right way will reduce your hassles and allow you to start using the printer right away.
Things You Need To Know
- USB or parallel cable installation disk
- Internet access
Here is how you can set up your Canon printer in My Computer.
- Determine what type of connection you need for your computer and printer. If you see a large rectangular connection on your printer it is a parallel printer, and you need to make sure that you have a parallel port on your computer. This connection will be long and rectangular and in red color. If your Canon printer has a small square connection on the back that is a USB printer, and you will have to look for a flat slot on your computer to connect it.
- Turn on the printer and computer. If you are working with a parallel printer connect the end of the cable to the rear of the printer and the smaller end to the computer. If you have a USB printer, connect the square end of the cable to the back of the printer and the flat end to a free USB port on your computer.
- Turn on the printer and the computer. Insert the print cartridges that come with the printer. Watch the bottom right corner of your computer screen for a “New Hardware Found” message. This is your indication that the operating system has found your new printer and is installing the appropriate driver for this.
- Insert the CD that came with the printer, if asked to do so. If your operating system could not find a suitable driver, it will ask you for the CD. Keep your CD useful anyway, because you will need it to install printer utilities.
- Insert the CD and allow it to install the printer utilities. After the utilities are installed, you will be asked to clean and align the print heads on your new printer. After the print heads have been aligned, your new Canon printer will be ready for use.
As your Canon printer sets up on your computer, you can try to print a document. Get a stack of A4 size paper, align it properly into the feeder, and give the print command from your computer. Your printer should print the document if the cartridge is attached to it. If not, then attach it before you print anything. In case, you find that there is an issue while printing the document, such as paper getting jammed or an error such as ‘Canon Printer in Error State’, then you should get it checked by experts rather than trying anything on your own, as it could lead to more issues in the printer.
If you’are facing any issues regarding Canon Error B200 then you can contact us for help.